I 100% have a shopping problem, I would be the first to admit it. Here’s my problem: I have a few shirts/blouses that are my constant go-to items, but then the rest I get bored with after a season. Someone mentioned Le Tote to me because they know I suffer from the affliction of remembering every single thing everyone wore to a specific event/day/night. Seriously, I can remember what I wore on my first day of High School. I remember what people wore to weddings. It’s.a.real.problem.
Here’s the scoop.
You sign up, and automatically your tote is filled with recommendations based on your profile. For your first tote you have 24 hours to replace the items that were selected for you with things from the virtual Le Tote closet. The one downside to all of this is that it is ALWAYS three articles of clothing and 2 accessory items. (not a huge fan of that.) Once you say “This tote is ready,” the items in your tote are sealed, and it goes off to get shipped to you.
The tote arrives at your door with your 5 items. You can keep them as long as you want, here is the catch though, you have to return all 5 items at the same time…I did not realize this. I thought I could ship back one item and a new one would arrive to replace it. That is not the case.
Your options are:
1. Return all 5 items when you are through with them
2. Keep whatever you want to buy and return the remaining items
Whenever you decide you are done with your 5 items, (or if you’re buying them,) you place them in the pre-paid shipping envelope and send them back to Le Tote. Five new items will be pulled from the virtual closet you’ve created and sent to you. Again, you’ll have 24 hours to re-arrange the tote before it’s “sealed.”
You can go through the Le Tote website and “add to closet” anything that you like or would want to eventually see in your tote. If you don’t buy anything it’s the $49 a month and you can get as many totes as you want. Again, you have to send back all 5 items though.
There are some things I like, and some things I don’t like.
– you can go through the whole site and pick out things you’d like to eventually be sent. You’re seeing all inventory
– You can adjust the tote before it ships
– You have constant access to a closet and don’t have to keep anything. Always new clothes.
-You have to return all 5 items at once. Would prefer being able to ship 1 back and get 1 new item. I understand it from a business perspective though.
– The clothing quality. I thought since it was rentals that it would be more high-end pieces (like Rent the Runway.) There are some, don’t get me wrong, but they aren’t as high quality as I was expecting.
– You have to get 2 accessories with every tote. I would be much happier with just 1 and the rest clothes.
I decided to try Le Tote because they actually sent me a $25 off your first month. It seemed silly not to try it out for that price.
Below are 3 of the items I picked out and Le Tote picked out:
-Black Blazer (it’s knit which I didn’t realize)
– Silver “bull horns” Necklace
– Printed blouse
Overall, I’m going to try Le Tote for another month. It’s a quick and easy way for me to try new styles on my body with nothing other than the monthly fee. If I get 5 crazy things I’d never wear, I can send them right back. It will allow me to push some comfort zones and see how things look on my body.
Le Tote was a fun adventure. I’m not sure how long I’ll continue doing it, but I’ll stick around with them for another month.