I have been a very bad blogger…BAD MEGAN!
The holidays are crazy, as they are for everyone and I just forgot to post my latest Stitch Fix loves and my holiday decor and dinner. We’ll combine it all into one fun post!
This last Stitch Fix I wanted/needed winter tops or layering items. I realized that I had no decent sweaters and apparently wore t-shirts last year? I’m not quite sure where all my sweaters went.
My body has changed and sweaters are a whole new ballgame to me now. They fit differently, and I had to rethink everything and how to best flatter my figure so I asked for all tops from Stitch Fix asking for tops and sweater mix.
Here’s what I got:
The pictures are a little blurry because I was literally making coleslaw for Thanksgiving this day so I had to quickly try everything on and snap a photo. I kept EVERYthing. Well, except the Fate Goodwin sweater, I kept that for my mom for Christmas because I knew it would be perfect on her.
1. Skies are Blue Plaid– I have been on the hunt for this exact shirt for 2 years now. I never thought it would be 100% cotton, but I loved this. My chest is larger so I asked for a size bigger, because nothing has been fitting the ladies. This fit perfectly and looks amazing with my boyfriend jeans from my last fix. In fact, that’s exactly what I wore on Thanksgiving.
2. RD Style Ridge Zipper Sweater– This bad boy is perfect for leggings or just being comfortable and still looking good. It has an awesome zipper detail up the sleeves and I wanted something besides my go-to black color and was excited for a navy sweater. I will be pairing this with the tan suede leggings I kept in a previous fix (forgot to post that one..sorry kids!)
3.Market & Spruce Sam Hi-Lo Tee– I got this before in a gray and I hated it, but saw a few people posting about this in black, and every girl wants that go-to black tee that can be dressed up or down, this is it. I wore this to Thanksgiving #2 with a faux leather skater skirt, polka dot tights, and amazing wedge lace up booties. This shirt is awesome.
4. Fate Goodwin Sweater– Look at my face in the photo, not my favorite. It just hit me in a bad place, but the moment I put it on I saved it for my mom to try. I’m 5’6 and she’s 5’2 and I knew it would hit her in the perfect spots for leggings. She loves it and it’s all wrapped up for her for Christmas!
5. THML Neewl Cowl Neck– Okay…this is that sweater you dream of. That is somehow a sweater yet hugs your body in all the right places. The side slits make it edgy and sexy and the silhouette of this is awesome. I’m a huge fun of this sweater on me, yup…that’s me tooting my own horn. TOOT! Love this, wore this to a family play day we do every year with my mom’s side with my Margaret M Emer pants and cutout sandal heels.
So to combine these blogs I wore the plaid shirt and my boyfriend jeans cuffed, with my black toms. Perfect casual host outfit for my immediate family. Here’s my table setting and our food 🙂
We actually GRILLED the turkey as you can see in the photo (it’s only half done in the photo, don’t worry.) I looked up recipes on the butterball website and thought, heck let’s grill this bad boy. Let me tell you, that was one juicy bird. We are never going back to the oven. It gave my husband a sense of being involved. I prepped the turkey with olive oil on the skin and salt and pepper. Put butter chunks under the skin and a few lemon slices. Threw a few lemon slices into the cavity to keep it moist. My hubby put it on the grill with indirect heat and a drip pan and it was done in 3 hours. It freed up the whole day to prep the rest of the meal. Here’s a breakdown of our day:
Megan’s Holiday Menu
-Smashed Red Potatoes
– Buttery Corn
– Roasted Broccoli
– Stuffing in the pampered chef deep dish baker
The best part of Thanksgiving for me every year is getting to host for my family and just laughing until our stomachs hurt (and eating til they hurt too!)
I’m stoked for the upcoming holidays and for my next Stitch Fix arrival mid-December!